Lets face it, if you don’t have a great website you’re not going to reach the audience you want. You need to have a marketing plan in place to set your massage business apart from the competition. If you can master the art of SEO (search engine optimization) then your website will be well on its way to first page ranking!
I have prepared for you a list of 50 words and short phrases that prospective clients search each month on Google. These are words that are the less obvious words which helps when it comes to ranking.
Words like massage therapy or Swedish massage are searched thousands of times a month but it is impossible to rank for these words because they are to competitive. The list I will provide you are words and phrase that are low competition that will help your new massage business website start to climb in ranking over the course of a few month.
Side note, years ago I paid a company $1,000 to do this for me, they said I needed a marketing plan for my massage business and there services would accomplish that for me.
What they did for me did help but I learned later I could do it myself for free, so that is what I am doing for you! No guess work on your end, I hope you find this list useful.
- Find a massage therapist
- Home massage therapist
- Deep tissue massage therapist
- Medical massage therapist
- Medical massage therapy
- What is a tension headache
- What is a migraine headache
- Massage therapist near me
- Back pain managment
- Treatment for chronic pain
- Dealing with chronic pain
- Acute chronic pain
- Relieve chronic pain
- Living with Chronic pain
- Treat chronic pain
- Chronic pain relief treatment
- Managing chronic pain
- Sciatic nerve pain relief stretches
- Sciatic nerve pain relief massage
- Sciatic nerve pain relief home remedy
- Exercise for sciatic nerve pain relief
- Sciatic nerve pain relief exercies
- Best self massage tools
- Causes shoulder neck pain
- What is the cause of neck pain
- Possible causes of neck pain
- How to stop shoulder pain
- Arthritis pain managment
- Comprehensive pain management
- Sciatic nerve pain management
- Pain management resource
- Pain management for chronic back pain
- Cupping massage therapy
- Cupping therapy treatment
- Cupping therapy benefits
- Cupping therapy side effects
- Massage cupping therapy
- Cupping treatment
- Stretches to relieve lower back pain
- How to relieve lower back pain
- Stretches for lower back pain
- Hot stone massage therapy
- Deep tissue massage therapy
- Massage therapy edication
- Massage therapy videos
- Swedish massage therapy techniques
- Sports massage therapy benefits
- Reiki massage benefits
- Crainal sacral therapy massage
- Pregnancy massage techniques
This list should give you an idea of what people are searching for everyday. Some of these words will work and some will not, pick and choose what works for your site.
The trick with SEO is not to stuff your site with keywords but to naturally add them in like you were writing a friend a letter.
In addition to having the name of your town on your contact page it is also a good idea to have it on your home page. This helps Google crawl your site more efficiently so people know they are on the right site for them.
A great way to get more keywords on your site is by blogging. Blogging allows you to answer commonly asked questions your clients have, it also gives you an opportunity to add pictures to your website. Adding relevant pictures of you working or pictures of your office , and any events you are working will help tell a story about your business and give your website a heart beat.
When blogging try to create a new article once a week but if that’s not possible, at least once a month to tell your clients your still there. Keep your blogs relevant to your business, not your personal life.
- Answer clients questions
- Talk about CEU’s you have just taken or plan to take
- Talk about spiritual growth, and health
- Talk about self-care items your clients could benefit from
- Give proper stretching tips
Skies the limits on topic you can cover, just take your time and write from the heart, your clients will appreciate that in the long run.
SEO needs to be your objective in everything you write, when your website is brand new keep it simple and start with:
- Home page
- Service page
- About me page
- Blog page
- Contact page
On each of these pages you need to naturally sprinkle keywords throughout but don’t jam the pages with words that don’t make sense just for the sack of getting them on the page. Google is smart and website ranking doesn’t work that way anymore which is why you need to blog.
Google wants to see helpful content that answers peoples question, if people stay on your site for several minutes, Google will take notice that your site is helping someone and this will increase your ranking.
Something many websites fail to do when applying SEO throughout there websites is adding a description for each page. The description box is what you see under a URL, it’s an opportunity to tell people what that page is about in roughly two sentences. It is crucial to nail the description! Most people will not even click on a site if there isn’t a description, I wouldn’t, would you?
If you would like more helpful marketing strategies you should check out my page on 21 marketing tips that actually work or if you are ready to start building your brand new website click here for helpful tips to get started!
Thanks for reading!